The Gospel of Matthew reminds us, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” There are several ways to bless the people, causes and organizations close to your heart—including Central Union Mission.
Here are a few:
- DONOR ADVISED FUNDS—The fastest growing giving tool in America right now, DAFs allow you to give to multiple organizations from one account. You simply contribute to your fund, then give as you choose, when you choose. They’re easily transferred to children, ensuring your loved ones carry on your legacy of generosity.
- IRA—Money from an individual retirement account can easily be donated to a charity you care about. What’s more, if you’ve reached the age where you need to take required minimum distributions from your IRA, you can completely avoid paying taxes on these funds by giving them to Central Union Mission.
- APPRECIATED ASSETS (STOCKS)—You can make a big impact by donating long-term appreciated securities directly to the Mission. This includes stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs and other retirement accounts. Compared with giving cash or selling your appreciated assets and then contributing the after-tax proceeds, you may actually end up with more funds for the Mission and for your heirs, too.
- APPRECIATED REAL ESTATE—Donating real estate to support the work of Central Union Mission may provide both income tax and capital gains
tax savings. Additionally, depending on the way your donation is structured, you can avoid the time and expense of
selling property and generate an additional stream of income.
- WILLS—A gift made to the Mission as part of your estate plan can be a great way to share your treasure. You can give financial assets, real estate, your home and personal property (your vehicle, jewelry or artwork). You can also name the Mission as the beneficiary of a non-probate asset, like your life insurance policy. As with all charitable giving arrangements, there may be tax implications for you or your heirs. It’s always best to speak with a tax adviser about your plans.
To learn more about these and other ways you can support the Mission’s important work to transform lives, please contact Megan Schmoll @ 202-745-7118 ext. 219 or email@example.com.
Know Your Options and Your Potential Tax Beneﬁts
More Ways To Give