Thanksgiving Food Drive
Host a drive at your business, in your neighborhood, church, club, or make it a family project to help Central Union Mission feed the hungry.
We are in need of Thanksgiving trimmings. Through November 22, donations can be dropped off at the Family Ministry Center, 3194 Bladensburg Rd. NE, Suite B, Washington, DC 20018. We’re open for delivery Mon-Fri, 9am–4pm. Thank you for caring and have a blessed Thanksgiving!
- Frozen turkey, chicken or ham
- 5 -10 lbs potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Boxed Stuffing Mix (like Stovetop)
- Instant Mashed Potatoes in boxes or packets
- Jars of Turkey Gravy or Dried Gravy Mix Packets
- Canned Yams
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cornbread Mix
- Canned Pumpkin or Fruit Pie Filling
- Kool-Aid, sweet tea or lemonade mix
- Packaged dessert, pudding, Jello or cake mix
- Packaged bread mix
- Pie Crust Mix
- Salt and Pepper
- Fixings for Green Bean Casserole – Cream of Mushroom Soup, Canned Green Beans, French Fried Onions
- Dried Beans
- Can of Instant Coffee (Some families may not be able to afford coffee makers)
- Can of Dried Coffee Creamer
- Box of Tea Bags
- Macaroni and cheese
- Canned or packaged soup mix
- Box of Graham Crackers
- Foil Baking Pans
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Utensils
- Paper Towels
Canned or fresh vegetables including but not limited to:
- green beans
- sweet potatoes
- collard greens
- fruit cocktail
Download Thanksgiving Food Drive Collection Poster
Download Thanksgiving Food Drive Flyer
Feed a family this Thanksgiving!
Sponsor a needy family this Thanksgivng!
As you shop for your family, buy enough for another family, and drop the groceries off by November 22nd. Download the flyer for suggested food items.
Download Feed a Family Flyer