Each day, the Mission's reach extends beyond its doors and into the broader community, offering programs that serve underprivileged men, women, children, seniors and veterans. The Mission's services include:
Family and Children's Programs
- Summer Camp - a free retreat to idyllic Camp Bennett which serves 400 inner-city children each year
- Operation Backpack - an August program for families who are unable to afford the necessary school supplies for their children
- Operation Christmas Miracle - an annual program providing children with gifts on their holiday wish lists, including clothing, toys, and educational items
Community Outreach Program
- Food PLUS providing food, clothing, furniture and household items to the community.
- Emergency food
Special Recognitions and Events
Another important way the mission serves the community is by recognition at special meals and other events, including:
- A monthly Seniors Luncheon
- A Mother's Day program each May
- Ongoing veterans services, and a Veteran's Day luncheon
- Thanksgiving dinners
- Christmas dinners
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day program
- Easter banquets
- An annual Birthday Party for poor and homeless men
Please check our events calendar for the updated dates and times of all events.
All of Central Union Mission's services are provided for free.
If you have questions about one of our services, or would like information about how to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-745-7118.